When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s needs in Cincinnati. A tankless water heater is a decent route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—particularly for big houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to handle numerous uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most houses in the Cincinnati area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you decrease the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Knochelmann Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Cincinnati home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 513-273-5771
or request an appointment with us online.