If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they are due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is on the hook. Luckily, the team at Knochelmann Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Sharonville codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Knochelmann Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to do a host of gas line projects in the Sharonville community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Knochelmann Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 promptly if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have an odor and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks promptly.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.