According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Knochelmann Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to evade sewer backups. Many homeowners in Cincinnati don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Knochelmann Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to contact us at 513-273-5771
as soon as you notice a problem to prevent as much, sometimes expensive, damage to your house and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of waste correctly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Knochelmann Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Knochelmann Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Knochelmann Service Experts today at 513-273-5771
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.